Welcome to the Swiss Chalet Motel. We want you to take comfort that your health is our highest priority and we truly appreciate the trust that you place in us.
Our principal focus at this time is the health and well-being of our guests. As part of our COVID-19 response we are increasing our existing high standards of sanitation. We have enhanced safety practices at our front desk/reception. We’ve created contactless check ins/check outs, installed a plexiglass shield at our front desk, as well as placed social distancing indicators in the Guest Services area. We also have provided sanitizing stations. We are now offering a ‘grab and go’ breakfast to ensure that you start your day off right. This new breakfast option is included in your stay with us. We want to reassure you that we are taking every reasonable precaution to promote a safe and healthy environment for everyone.
We already clean and disinfect each room with a product that is effective of killing viruses. All of our staff use enhanced cleaning techniques that involve paying close attention to high touch areas. This includes but is not limited to: key cards, public computer area, door handles, locks and latches, light switches, desk surfaces, telephones, and remote controls.
- We have heightened sanitizing attention and made it available at the front desk.
- Proper hand-washing protocol has been strictly enforced with our staff and guests are encouraged to follow suit.
- Extra disinfection of high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles
- In the guest bathrooms we are disinfecting counters, toilets, showers, tubs as well as all the bathroom fixture handles.
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas
- Reduced paper amenities (like pads and guest directories) in rooms
- We have COVID-19 guidance plans in place detailing how to protect against transmission.
Employees are encouraged to stay home if they or somebody in their family is not feeling well, keeping their hands clean, using sanitizer, regularly wiping down their workspace throughout the day, maintaining a healthy lifestyle to keep their immune systems strong, and seeking the care of a doctor if they start showing flu-like symptoms.
Covid Health and Safety
In response to the Covid outbreak, we want you to know that your health and safety is paramount when you stay with us. We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization, the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention and the WorkSafeBC guidelines. Our focus is to ensure we meet our guests needs while doing our part to keep the whole community safe.
24 Hour Cancellation Period for reservations booked 2 days or more in advance of check-in date or 4:00 PM day of arrival when booking within 1 day of check-in date.
We look forward to seeing you on your next adventure. Until then, stay safe!
Owner, Swiss Chalet Motel